CLOSER CITIES is a new research initiative that focuses on sharing urban knowledge. On our research-driven platform, we connect urban practice and urban science. Professionals from around the world share their projects and the lessons they learned along the way. Scientists from various universities offer insights into their research. Furthermore, they study the shared cases and examine the factors that contribute to the “shareability” of urban projects.
Only a small amount of the knowledge we acquire while addressing societal issues is shared among cities and urban professionals. How can we optimise the worldwide exchange and sharing of urban knowledge? And how can optimising sharing contribute to reaching the UN Sustainable Development Goals? The CLOSER CITIES initiative is aimed at answering these questions and helping cities share their expertise.
We welcome you to become part of this exciting journey. You can already contribute by sharing a project.
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Erasmus Initiative: Vital Cities and Citizens
- IHS, Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies
- Nesselaar Urban Consultancy
- Centre for BOLD Cities (Leiden University, Delft University of Technology, Erasmus University Rotterdam)
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org